Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Slow to Speak...

It's been 10 days since that last entry... Not that that matters much. I guess I'd just rather be writing more on here than that.

Couple things:

1. I've heard people actually read this from time to time.
2. I'm apparently really quiet this summer. And I think I know a bit about why.

1. About 15-20 people (all pretty unrelated) told me in the last couple weeks that they read this thing... That initially scared the crap out of me. I immediately thought of every open post I'd ever written (which is just about every one). But about a couple minutes after that, I was given a deep peace. I've only written what has been heavy on my heart. And despite my people-pleaser way of living (which is toxic unless you're using it as a pastoral gifting or something), I have no reservations, nothing to be 'embarrassed' of. 
I joked with just about everyone who told me they read this, saying, "yeah, I probably look like an emotional wreck on that thing... I think I only write when I'm feeling overly-emotional."
But here's the truth (that I had to share with everyone I talked to): It's not me being emotional at all. It's (hopefully) just Holy Spirit saying, 'get this out. I didn't put it here to sit and be wasted. Don't you know by now that this is how I work? I urge you and disrupt your day and talk to you and open your eyes so you will share it with people.'

2. To be posted above this in another entry.

No comments: