Friday, July 25, 2008

In Tulsa For A Night Or So

The tour is over. 

I'm hilariously, helplessly, ridiculously, completely, unashamedly, forever in love with you.

I don't want the things I don't need:

money.
music.
recognition.
peace.
comfort.
life.
a girl.
family.
purpose.
success.

I need you. Your heart is all that I want. If all these things never come, or aren't right for me, or you take them away, I don't care. Just let me have you. Just let me see your face. Just let me know that you're there. If any or all of these things hinder me from knowing you more, refuse them and take them away. I hate them. I hate anything that keeps me from knowing you more. I'm disgusted by the way our Enemy has slipped into almost everything, making us able to stand on our own.

Sitting here with the T.V. on.... Sigur Ros playing in my headphones.
Some pervert is making money off of a girl on his show increasing his ratings just because she looks like she wants to have sex with me... Despite the fact she's actually looking at a camera. Stupid. I hate late night T.V.
Turned the T.V. off.
Even as I'm writing this, Enemy is right there on the wall trying to get to me through the T.V.
Funny, though. I just told you I hate that crap. It's doing nothing for me.
I've tasted too much of you to get pleasure from that crap.
Pause.
Re-reading what I just wrote. Seeing if it made any sense.
Changing a couple words so hopefully the readers will understand.
Don't know why I'm writing like this... Maybe cuz it's 2:03 am and I've been on the road all day.
Deep breath.
I love Sigur Ros.
Their music has accompanied some awesome prayer times.
Got to see Phil today. I love him. I'm gonna do a post on him soon.
Pause.
Thinking about Phil and how excited I am about living with him this year.

I got to go pray with Phil and some Bridgeway people today in OKC on the way to Tulsa. I love that. I've missed that this summer: people hungry for the face of God, allowing Holy Spirit to fall. People that spend so much time around the Lord that their spiritual gifts just flow during prayer. Empty people. People like Brett Colclasure, Madison Kerner, Stephen Pyle, and Blake Slatten.

It's late. I wanna be able to get up and see Grant tomorrow.

Current Mood: 'Experienced the Lord's peace today and gained more disdain toward the things that keep me from Him.'

No comments: