Friday, July 11, 2008

Take Everything to the Lord...

because He knows exactly what to do with what is happening in your life. 

I'm talking evening plans (yes, He cares about those). Weekend trips. Lunch conversations. What you think about. How you take a shower. And no, I'm not kidding with the last one.

Worship Him in everything. Even brushing your teeth. Ask Him to purify your speech while you go through that morning routine. Ask Him to be the thing you feel all day as you wash your body clean of the things the world has offered you the day before. As you put in your contacts, ask Him to reveal Himself to you so He is all you set your eyes on. As you pee, thank Him for ridding you of the dead weight that deteriorates your Spiritual health. I'm still not kidding with that last one.

When I'm at my best, I'm doing these things. When I'm at my worst, I'm doing my routines. Wasting time. Forgetting and forsaking my first love with the way I brush my teeth.

1 comment:

brett said...

this was a really good reminder for me. i love you a lot man. i'm praying for you, and i hope your two weeks on the road are going well. shalom