Thursday, July 3, 2008

A Notification to All My Friends and Family




I'm nuts. 

I've been tossing around the idea of not going to school in the Fall and going to a mission school in Waco, but due to the unfolding of some recent events, I halfway decided to go back to school and live with some really cool guys in Norman. Today, when I went to finalize my enrollment, I clicked 'finalize' and looked at the clock: 3:33. That number comforted me.

I love laughing at myself for things like these. I've gone insane. Well, at least a little bit. But I'm okay with that. You should see how many times these things happen- how many times I see a certain number and and the Lord speaks to me through it- it's weird. But as much as I don't like it, in a weird way, I love it. I love that no one will be able to believe me until they experience it themselves. I don't believe everyone should be seeing numbers like I do. I believe God develops an intimate, real language with everyone as individual and unique as that person is. For some crazy reason, I see some numbers a lot. Here's another one (if you haven't already, read some of the posts I've put up that have numbers as titles):

I was at a mexican restaurant in Boerne, TX this weekend, and for some reason I felt in my Spirit that the number that my change would come out to would be significant. And it was. It was 11.07. the last four digits of my old home phone number, a number me and my old youth minister shared (he has a really funny memory that includes it), and a recurring one that pops up only at opportune times.
That night I was checking my email, and I got a message from a girl who works on staff with the camp we're at. It was incredible. She was sharing with me some things I could pray for her about, and told me of some ways I've encouraged her even though we have only had like one real conversation that took place over two weeks ago. After I finished reading it, my eyes caught the time: 11:07.

I'm not trying to convince you, I just thought I'd let you guys know. So think I'm nuts (like I do) or think it's totally normal, I don't really care. At all.


Love you!

Blake.

2 comments:

brett said...

your post was also at 3:33. as is this according to my watch. i love you man. i'm praying for you

Blake Studdard said...

haha, i love you brett.