Friday, April 11, 2008

What I Am Right Now...



'What I Am' by Ryan Lindsey

This is a speed post. I only have a few minutes, so here we go:

I Am:
Incredibly blessed- I wish I could list the people that have been messengers from the Lord recently, but I can't, so I wont.
Overwhelmed- Talk about an event-filled week, dangs. So much stuff changing!
Peaceful- I know, it doesn't match up with the thing right above this, but somehow (probably due to a walk I just took) I am overwhelmed also by peace.
Anxious- I'm about to burst with the anticipation of getting tickets, visas, immunizations, etc. ready for the trip... 
'Swimmy'- It's a word I made up a few months ago- it's where I don't feel like I'm in control at all- which tends to be a good thing.

God is doing a lot of stuff right now. He's testing my heart and my mind, allowing distractions upon distractions to come with the threat of losing everything He's offered me. I know that sounds dramatic, and since I don't have time to fix that sentence, it's just gonna stay there. But there's some truth to it- He hasn't been taking it easy on me. He's letting things hit right now, as some big events are about to take place (leaving for Mozambique in a month tomorrow, deciding about Waco by the same time...). I mean, I expect things like these, but it's just so crazy when it's actually going down. It seems like I doubt God's consistency, how He will actually ALWAYS be intricately entangled all up in my biznass. That was dumb. But really, I'm always blown away by how involved He really is. I talk about it all the time like it's something I believe, but then I'm surprised every time it actually happens. How jacked up is that? Well, that's about all I have time for, not that it really matters... 

Be blessed.

(photo is a drawing from a schizophrenic patient in therapy)

No comments: