Sunday, October 5, 2008

I Want To Get Drunk

I've been drunk before. Not very many times, but definitely a few. I'm not used to it, so whenever I'm starting to get drunk, it always sneaks up on me. I don't know how to enjoy it the way many people who get drunk all the time do, but I want to learn. There is nothing better than that feeling. I long for that feeling more than almost any other feeling in the world. It's like ecstasy or something. Which I'm really wanting to do to. I'm so desperate to feel the feeling of ecstasy. I know people who experience ecstasy, and it fries them. They seem to get dumber and dumber but somehow it appeals to me deeply. They're only dumber about things that don't matter anyway, like being in tune with 'reality.'

Okay, I'll stop talking in code. But only to let you in on the place I'm coming from which makes the above paragraph so literal. Many of you know exactly what I'm saying here. Many of you think I'm crazy. I don't know why I'm saying 'many' when only two or three of you will even read this. I guess I don't really care if you're reading this or not...

Everything. EVERYTHING. Everything in the kingdom worth desiring has been counterfeited by the Enemy. Drunkenness and ecstasy are just two of them. And I'm not gonna act like I don't want to feel ecstasy and drunkenness. I'd be living a lie to walk toward a sober lifestyle and pretend to be completely okay with it. I'm not okay with it. I'm not okay (and I believe NONE of us should be okay) with not getting drunk with love before the Lord. I know you're saying to yourself, 'Oh, okay, I get it... drunk with love. Like in the Bible. Yeah, okay, it's good to be warm and fuzzy in love with God.'
But let me correct you : I want to fall on the ground dizzy. I want to feel hungover in the morning. I want to slur my speech. I want to stumble around and laugh and sing songs at the top of my lungs. I want to get drunk on the wine of the Holy Spirit. And I want you to know that. I want it to be a part of my life.

If I believe in the Bible, I believe some jacked up stuff. If I literally believe what it says (which I do), then these are some of the things I believe in :

teleportation (yeah, like people disappearing and reappearing in other places) - Acts 8


..... (I was going to type out some other ones but thought that was crazy enough to swallow by itself)

I'm not trying to prove anything. I'm just saying how I'm feeling and hopefully giving some insight into how 'crazy' I may be, which is what's making me feel that way.

That is all for now. In the meantime, hopefully I'll be getting pretty plastered.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

NICE!!!

Bri Johnson said...

I have no idea who you are or where you are from, but I think it is so rad that I stumbled across your post.

For the past two weeks or so I have been thinking, "wow, I really want to get wrecked!" There is something so powerful about being lost in the love and power of the living God. That is the way is should be! Psalm 16 says the the fullness of joy and pleasures forevermore are found at the right hand of God, so why not act on faith and step into something supernatural?
I suppose I'm preaching to the choir on this one. =) Anyway, just wanted to share that I thought this was awesome. I'm definitely planning on getting ruined tonight and I hope you do too.

Receive the joy in the name of Jesus.
Shaaba
Brianna