Wednesday, October 15, 2008

'The Year of Death and Rebirth'

There's been a shift in seasons recently. Quick recap of the past year :

October : The Lord takes me into the desert via a painful, abrupt, hi-jacking style of purging... See post : 'The Desert' for details. I watch daily at His doors, and He is faithful to be All Sufficient One in my loneliness.

November : He appoints me as leader of a mission team to Africa in the midst of my weakness. Simultaneously, He gives me a heart for the homeless and addicted of urban OKC. (the refuge)

December : I turn 21 years old and decide to not have a drink of alcohol until at least a year goes by. I want the wine of the Holy Spirit. I want the pearl of great price. Not painted slivers of glass.

January - February : He calls me to reckless abandon in following Him to a mission training school in Waco for the next couple years of my life, and I say 'yes.'

March : I tattoo 'rid me' on myself along with Blake Slatten, claiming it as the theme of my life. (refers to a song lyric, "rid me of myself; I belong to you")

April : The Lord anoints The Neighborhood, a rock and roll band I play in at various bars, venues, and festivals. Publicity and favor with the press and artists spikes.

May : The Lord takes the team to Mozambique, Africa- blowing our minds and confusing us at the same time.

June - July : On the road around the U.S. with Nick Thurmond Band, running sound and recovering from a 12 - hour period of being back from Africa prior to hopping in the tour van.

August : The Lord doesn't have me follow through with the steps to go to Waco. Then I meet a girl the last week of the tour, and we are immediately attracted to each other.

September : The girl and I stop dating each other... Details omitted. All you need to know is it was all good and still is good. I learn more about what it means to be prophetic. Norman Community (my church) is reaping a harvest of healings and other breakthroughs from God, aligning perfectly with my life.

October : Here we are. In the middle of it. I'm having a terribly hard time putting a theme to it... Maybe its the month of remembrance. That would definitely make a lot of sense. It's been a year since the fire started. I am on my 5th journal since then. I could not ask for a better year of my life. 'Epic' doesn't do it justice. Neither does 'Mindblowing.' Maybe 'Indescribable' will suffice for now. Maybe I can name it 'the year of- something.' 'The Year of Provision.' 'The Year of Death and Rebirth.'

what a year.

1 comment:

Madison Kerner said...

I don't think there would have been a better year for me to get to know you.