Wednesday, October 15, 2008

This Feels Good or The Authority Of Our Pinky Fingers

I've been pushing through something. I've experienced a lot of resistance from the Enemy lately. He'll creep into my dreams and whisper in my ear when I'm focusing my mind on the Lord. He'll distract and deceive his way into my thoughts and try to knock me off alignment with Jesus. Even now, I feel him trying to put my mind on the 'to do' list that somehow disappears when I get up from a form of worship or connecting with God. It's a strange sensation to be intent on talking with the Lord, and then something pops in your mind that makes you tend to an 'urgent' issue, and then all of a sudden the issue is much less important once you walk away from the posture of worship and prayer.

It's hard.

But it feels good.

Because : 

Psalm 27:2
'When evildoers assail me to eat up my flesh, my adversaries and foes, it is they who stumble and fall.'

I will not stumble. The Enemy will. The demonic realm falls. And will continue to fall. Because of Psalm 27:1. 'The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold/refuge of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?' v. 3: Though an army encamp against me, my heart shall not fear; though war arise against me, yet I will be confident.'

Satan has power but no authority. We have power and authority. We can give Satan power, but he has to steal it from us via deception. We must repeat the truth with the authority we have, and at the name of Jesus, demons go running back to Hell. The more we do this, the more we are faced with, but the more we are communing with our Father, our Lover, our Husband. Let us not be surprised by oppression when we press in to the Lord. We must expect it. Then we can also expect to speak out in authority against The Liar. We can also expect to trample the heads of the snakes (the religious spirit) and the scorpions and the spiders. I don't know about you, but I've got a lot of snakes and scorpions and spiders to go trample. I'll be right back. This won't be long. We have more authority in our pinky finger than all of Hell and it's disgusting, deceptive, repulsive inhabitants.

No comments: